Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jubilee

I have taken on many projects in my life. Too many. I am overwhelmed by all that I have promised to do. I was sincere when I made the promises. I had every intention of completing the projects. But I have underestimated my energy and overestimated my available time. For too long I have lived with these projects, dragging them behind me and adding to them every week, month, year. So it is time to let them go. I can't just drop them because, as I said, I was sincere when I began them. But I can't keep carrying them. I simply can't. So I have set myself a sort of jubilee: a day when I will be free of all previous unfinished projects. By February 29, 2012 any projects I have not finished or am not actively working on, I am abandoning. I am setting them down, throwing them over, leaving them behind and moving forward free of the drag they are exerting on me. I am sorry if this means I will not be able to keep a promise I made to you. I will try my best to complete as many projects as I can before the next leap year day. This blog is to help me track my progress and prepare for my jubilee. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Please consider yourself unencumbered of anything you may have promised me (because I don't remember it anyway) or have promised yourself regarding me (because I don't know anything about that). You don't need that guilt, and neither do I.

    And good luck with the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I never thought of the other person feeling guilty for me feeling guilty. I don't want to make anyone feel guilty (well. I don't want to do it unintentionally ;) so perhaps I need to think on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we could make a whole guilt vortex if we wanted to: you feeling guilty for making someone feel guilty about you feeling guilty about them feeling guilty about you feeling guilty...are you packed for that trip? Neither am I.

    ReplyDelete