Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Breakthough

Through a series of events it became necessary to mail a thank you note. And lo! there came a miracle. Within in 10 minutes, I had found a postcard, written my thanks, addressed it, stamped it and then stamped it again with a rubber stamp I’d carved quite a while ago. Just a few days before, finding the postcard and locating the address would’ve taken 15 minutes. Adding the stamped image would’ve added another 15. It’s likely I would’ve put off some part of the task adding another day or two before it got mailed. But because I’d spent the day before organizing my rubber stamps and a few months ago bought a sort of lazy Susan for the coffee table and designated it the place to put important mail and several months before that had put together a ‘mail box’ with all my stamps, envelopes and stationery*, I was able to zip through the whole process and I was done before I realized I’d even started. I was quite giddy with pride and delight. I can’t wait until the whole apartment is arranged like this.


*Poetic license: the post cards were actually kept somewhere else because there isn’t room in the mail box. It may be necessary to get a larger mail box…

No comments:

Post a Comment